Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Seeing Is Believing (Act 2)

And So It Goes ~

On October 1st of 97, I landed in (of all the unlikely places) Arkansas.

Say what you like about the place, but it was the perfect venue for me to continue healing from the potentially mind-crushing conundrum in which I'd become entangled. 

It was there that I met a couple, in their SpellCrafting shop, who claimed to be High Priest and Priestess of a Witch's coven.  Their store offered lots of beautiful handmade (Western) Magickal tools and other objects - many of which I purchased, and all of which worked just wonderfully.



He claimed to be hereditary Witch, as too many such folks do.  She was less forthright about her Wiccan roots, tho' time revealed a pretty  superficial  interest in Voodoo.

I'm not knocking them here.  In fact I cherish the time we shared together.  Yet I do believe there are some valuable friendships that come with embedded expiration dates.

Anyway, I dived (recklessly?) into their Witchcraft doings - using my Western Magickal name with my associates - and for the most part kept my Voudou-leanings to myself, still working diligently, privately, serving the Lwa.

The Visitations started shortly after said Priest & Priestess left the area and things got "veddy interesting" ...

From Seeing Him
To Knowing Him


In late 1998 I began having Visitations with an extraordinarily beautiful black man.  He called himself Jean-Baptist Bokor.  

And from the first of it, he called me Dieudonne  ("Gift From God") - never by my Western or Magickal names.

He was a Haitian fellow who looked to be in his 20s.  (I soon found out he was actually in his mid-30s.)
The difference between Visitations ("Visions") and dreams is that you are awake rather than asleep.  And the senses not only of sight, but also those of smell, taste and touch are more substantial than in dreams, tho' less so than in ordinary consciousness.
The first cycle of Visitations took place over a period of about twelve months.

Here are some of the things Jean-Baptist revealed about him and me together, on which I came to understand and agree:
  • We were originally created as One "Soul" and, at some time in Eternity, we became separated by the pleasure of Bondye ... and have continuously come together, life-after-life, in myriad  times and circumstances, and will do so until we are fully United again at some time in eternity, by Bondye's pleasure, for the rest of Eternity. There are some folks who want to name what we are "Twin Flames" - but we are not that.  We are not "twins" at all. We are One Flame temporarily divided into Two; each unique - not opposites - we are the perfect compliment of each other.  
  • Some lifetimes back, we lived in bondage as Haitian male slaves - secretly, lovers - and were both killed fighting in the same rebellion against our oppresssors.  This took place during the "Vodou Revolution" that eventually made Haiti a slave-free African-indigenous, independent  country.
  • In a more recent life, we were freemen in New Orleans.  We anticipated a secret Matrimonial Seremoni planned by our Voodou Societe.  Unfortunately, I died of Yellow Fever before we could be so married.
  • In this lifetime, we have taken some time coming together - he being a Haitian Vodou Bokor (Sorcerer) named Jean Baptist in Haiti, and me being...well...me, in America.
  • It was his Vodou Bokor-driven psychically-informed Intention, (and quickly  became my Magickal & Voodoo Intention as well) to remedy our being apart - once and for all, now and forever. 

    I had been consciously aware that there was someone - the perfect someone for me.  In fact, when I was very young, I had glimpses of him.  So that, when the Visitation Visions began, I - now an adult - knew that I somehow knew Jean-Baptist, felt comfortable and trusting of him.

As the days rolled by, we looked closely at what we each were "working on" - which was our Voodou way of life.  Knowing I knew very little about Haitian Vodou, which is very different from American Voudou, I asked Jean-Baptist to "take me there."  He did, as I "took him" here, into American Voudou.

As that process unfolded, it became more a feeling of "Oh, I remember that" than being taken into totally foreign landscapes.  


Then Came The Punchline...
 One evening during a Visitation in early September of '99, Jean-Baptist told me he wanted me to join the Catholic Church!


W. T. F.???




End of Act 2
Go to: Are You Kidding? (Act 3)


Copyright © 2019, Dieudonne Bokor (aka W.A. Ryan)