Saturday, September 7, 2019

Forward: A Quiet Little Conversation


Me, Myself and Mind

What? Another Blog?
  - Yep, another Blog.

A Blog is just a Blog...
  - Nope. Every Blog is unique to the person creating it.

Blogs suck.
  - No ... being non-physical digital venues, Blogs aren't capable of sucking.

Why this Blog? 
  - Because I am a natural Storyteller, with a true story to tell ... one which I have never told before - not even to my closest friends. 

So what is this Blog about?



- Me.  It's the mystery-story about my becoming and developing as a Voodouisant: specifically a Bokor.

And tho' I'll be as open as possible, there are some things, secrets if you will, about which I have made binding vows to remain faithfully silent.

Ok Mr. Bokor get on with it - tell your story, already!
  - Alrighty, here's the story especially for you ...


    
Once upon a time an old prospector was hiking through the desert with his donkey, looking for a goldmine.
   
It had been a very long time since they'd come across a watering hole, and the donkey became very thirsty.


"Water! Water!" said the donkey.


"Patience jackass, patience..." replied the prospector.


 Sometime later, the donkey repeated more desperately, "Water! Water!"


 "Patience jackass, patience..." the prospector replied.


 After many hours hiking through the hot desert sand, the prospector himself was mortally  thirsty,  
"Water!  Water" he cried.

The donkey replied, "Patience jackass, patience!"



-  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -

Sorry Dear Reader!  That joke is almost as old as me!
But I couldn't help myself ... de Debbil made me do it!


Brazilian Candalombe Statue of Baphomet


Actually, there is an intended Message in this corny old joke:  My Story takes a bit of time to tell.  So I hope you'll be patient with me, relax, and enjoy the ride. 

End of Forward 
Go To: Preface: A Turn Of The Word


Copyright © 2019, Dieudonne Bokor (aka W.A. Ryan)